- By 2030, achieve universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all
- By 2030, achieve access to adequate and equitable sanitation and hygiene for all and end open defecation, paying special attention to the needs of women and girls and those in vulnerable situations
Network for Water and Sanitation targets the smaller WASH enterprises that currently exist in both the formal and informal sector to professionalize their operations by strengthening their business practices and increasing linkages with financial institutions.
The project also strengthens Water Resource User’s Associations by building their capacity to conserve water catchment areas, and works with county governments to strengthen WASH governance and policy development with the aim of improving water supply and services in the nine target counties.
- Engaging the private sector as partners, vendors, and service providers
- Engaging counties and institutions on climate change resilience and conservation of water catchment areas.
- Supporting sustainable WASH infrastructure
- Promoting the effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of WASH